Asiago Stuffed Baby Potatoes
- 16 Baby potatoes (about 2" in diameter)
- 12 Whole garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 10 Fresh large basil leaves
- 1/2 lb Asiago cheese, grated
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- Paprika for garnish
• Generously cover potatoes with cold water and 1 tablespoon salt in a medium pot, then simmer until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water. Cool to room temperature in refrigerator, about 40 minutes.
• Meanwhile, cook garlic in oil at a bare simmer in a small heavy saucepan, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, about 12 minutes.
• Drain garlic, reserving oil for another use, then mash to a paste. • Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
• Mince basil, then stir together with garlic paste, cheese, mayonnaise, and salt and pepper to taste.
• Using a small melon-ball cutter or a teaspoon, scoop out a hole in each cooled potato, leaving a 1/4-inch shell.
• Stuff potatoes with cheese mixture and bake in a pan until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 20 minutes.
• Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
• Serve with a bottle of chilled 2019 Geisler Baron Chardonnay
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest Myka Estates news! We promise to keep it interesting.